- Nutrient profile specifically designed for children and adults.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
- Nonessential amino acid-free to decrease the ingestion of waste nitrogen.
- Approximately 35% of energy as fat to help supply essential fatty acids.
- Additional vitamins and minerals to compensate for nutrient losses due to nitrogen-scavenger medications.
- L-carnitine (370 mg/100 g) and taurine (60 mg/100 g) to help supply amounts normally found in foods of animal origin.
Warning: This medical food should not be heated or used in cooking.
- Give only to children and adults with a proven urea cycle disorder, gyrate atrophy or HHH syndrome who are under medical supervision. Must be supplemented with protein and fluid in prescribed amounts to completely meet protein and water requirements.
- Not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
- Not for infants under 1 year of age.
- Do not heat or use in cooking.
- Not for IV use.
back to top
- Cyclinex-2 Powder / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Soy Oil, L-Leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, Calcium Phosphate, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride. Less than 2% of the Following: L-Tyrosine, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, Silicon Dioxide, DATEM, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, L-Histidine, L-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Taurine, Choline Chloride, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
back to top