- Nutrient profile specifically designed for children and adults.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
- Lysine- and tryptophan-free to allow greater intake of intact protein.
- 30% of energy as fat to help supply essential fatty acids.
- L-carnitine (1800 mg/100 g) to help supply amount normally found in foods of animal origin and to help excrete toxic metabolites.
- Taurine (50 mg/100 g) to help supply amount normally found in foods of animal origin.
This medical food should not be heated or used in cooking.
- Give only to children and adults with proven glutaric aciduria type I who are under medical supervision. Must be supplemented with protein and fluid in prescribed amounts to completely meet lysine, tryptophan and water requirements.
- Not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
- Not for IV use.
- Not for infants under 1 year of age.
- Do not heat or use in cooking.
back to top
- Glutarex-2 Powder / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
Corn Syrup Solids, L-Glutamic Acid, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Soy Oil, L-Leucine, L-Proline, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Valine, L-Alanine, Calcium Phosphate, L-Isoleucine, Glycine, L-Carnitine, L-Tyrosine. Less than 2% of the Following: L-Phenylalanine, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, L-Serine, L-Threonine, Silicon Dioxide, L-Histidine, DATEM, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, L-Methionine, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Taurine, Choline Chloride, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
back to top