- Nutrient profile specifically designed for children and adults.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
- Methionine-free to allow greater intake of intact protein.
- Provides approximately 30% of energy as fat to help supply essential fatty acids.
- Supplemented with L-cystine, in a soluble form, an essential amino acid that is often deficient in diets of children and adults with homocystinuria.
- Powder supplemented with L-carnitine (40 mg/100 g) and taurine (50 mg/100 g) to help supply amounts normally found in foods of animal origin.
This medical food should not be heated or used in cooking.
- Not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
- Give only to children and adults with proven vitamin B6-nonresponsive homocystinuria or hypermethioninemia who are under medical supervision. Must be supplemented with protein and fluid in prescribed amounts to completely meet methionine and water requirements.
- Not for infants under 1 year of age.
- Do not heat or use in cooking.
- Not for IV use.
back to top
- Hominex-2 Powder Institutional / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Soy Oil, L-Leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Proline, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, Calcium Phosphate, L-Isoleucine, L-Arginine, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Tyrosine, Magnesium Phosphate, L-Phenylalanine, Potassium Chloride, L-Asparagine, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Silicon Dioxide, L-Histidine, DATEM, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Tryptophan, L-Aspartic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Taurine, Choline Chloride, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
back to top