- Nutrient profile specifically designed for children and adults.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
- Provides approximately 30% of energy as fat to help supply essential fatty acids.
- Supplemented with L-carnitine (40 mg/100 g) and taurine (50 mg/100 g) to supply amounts normally found in foods of animal origin.
This medical food should not be heated or used in cooking.
- Not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
- Give only to children and adults with proven tyrosinemia types I, II, or III who are under medical supervision. Must be supplemented with protein and fluid in prescribed amounts to completely meet phenylalanine, tyrosine and water requirements.
- Not for infants under 1 year of age.
- Do not heat or use in cooking.
- Not for IV use.
back to top
- Tyrex-2 Institutional Powder / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Soy Oil, L-Leucine, L-Proline, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, Calcium Phosphate, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Alanine, Glycine, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, L-Asparagine, L-Serine, L-Threonine, Silicon Dioxide, DATEM, L-Histidine, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, L-Methionine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, L-Tryptophan, L-Aspartic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Taurine, Choline Chloride, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
back to top