Technology has evolved over the past 20 years. Finally, nutrition therapy for GI intolerance has, too. As therapeutic, elemental nutrition for GI dysfunction, Vital® formulas offer an ingredient profile that includes:
- Structured lipid
Supports better absorption and tolerance compared with a simple physical mixture of MCT and LCT
- 100% hydrolyzed, whey-dominant, peptide-based protein
Promotes better absorption, tolerance, and maintenance of GI-tract integrity
Promotes faster gastric emptying (than casein-based peptide formulas)
- NutraFlora® scFOS® prebiotic fiber
Fermented to short-chain fatty acids, which help:
- Maintain GI-tract integrity7,8
- Manage diarrhea9
- Elevated levels of antioxidants vitamins C and E
Help reduce free-radical damage
Vital®—a more evolved level of nutrition therapy for patients with GI dysfunction
Vital AF 1.2 Cal™ Product Information
Vital®1.0 Cal Product Information
Vital® 1.5 Cal Product Information
*Compared to formulas containing only free amino acids or intact protein
For oral or tube feeding.
For supplemental or sole-source nutrition.
Not for IV use.
Use under medical supervision.
Gluten-free; suitable for lactose intolerance.
are registered trademarks of GTC Nutrition.
- Kenler AS, Swails WS, Driscoll DF, et al. Early enteral feeding in postsurgical cancer patients: fish oil structured lipid-based polymeric formula versus a standard polymeric formula.Ann Surg. 1996;223(3):316–333.
- McKenna MC,Hubbard VS, Bieri JG. Linoleic acid absorption from lipid supplements in patients with cystic fibrosis with pancreatic insufficiency and in control subjects. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1985;4:45–51.
- Tso P, Karlstad MD, Bistrian BR, DeMichele SJ. Intestinal digestion, absorption, and transport of structured triglycerides and cholesterol in rats. Am J Physiol. 1995;268 (Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 31):G568–G577.
- Tso P, Lee T, DeMichele SJ. Lymphatic absorption of structured triglycerides vs. physical mix in a rat model of fat malabsorption. Am J Physiol. 1999;277 (Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 40):G333–G340.
- Daniel H. Molecular and integrative physiology of intestinal peptide transport. Ann Rev Physiol. 2004;66:361–384.
- Fried MD, Khoshoo V, Secker DJ, et al. Decrease in gastric emptying time and episodes of regurgitation in children with spastic quadriplegia fed a whey-based formula. J Pediatr. 1992;120:569–572.
- Mitsuoka T, Hidaka H, Eida T. Effect of fructo-oligosaccharides on intestinal microflora. Nahrung. 1987;31:427–436.
- Gibson GR, Roberfroid MB. Dietary modulation of the human colonic microbiota: introducing the concept of prebiotics. J Nutr. 1995;125:1401–1412.
- Bowling TE, Raimundo AH, Grimble GK, Silk DB. Reversal by short-chain fatty acids of colonic fluid secretion by enteral feeding. Lancet. 1993;342:1266–1268.
- Jacob RA, Burri BJ. Oxidative damage and defense. Am J Clin Nutr. 1996;985S–990S.