Get the answers to frequently asked questions about Abbott Nutrition, your nutrition partner.
Q: Where can I Buy Abbott Nutrition Products?
A: Order at abbottstore.com for the convenience of having products delivered right to your door direct from the manufacturer.
Additional benefits when you order online:
- Free ground shipping on online orders over $100
- Save 10%* when you set up repeat orders with Schedule & Save
If you do not have internet access, you can call (800) 258-7677 to place an order†
To find the products you're looking for, check with your preferred local store or its website.
Locate a Representative
If you would like to speak with an Abbott Nutrition sales representative, please contact us at (800) 551-5838. Let us know your area of specialization and the product you are inquiring about, and our product experts will be happy to assist you. Locate a sales rep via email.
Q: Where do I get ingredient and nutrition information about your products?
A: Visit the Our Products section for detailed nutritional information on the products you're looking for or refer to the product label.
Q: How do I get samples of your products for my patients to try?
A: If you would like to speak with an Abbott Nutrition sales representative, please contact us at (800) 551-5838. Let us know your area of specialization and the product you are inquiring about, and our product experts will be happy to assist you.
Q: Where can my patients buy your products?
Our infant formulas and many of our adult nutritional products can be found at any retail pharmacy or grocery store. Products can also be purchased from our
Q: What are the hang times for adult tube-feeding products?
A: Ready-to-use feedings that have been prepared using clean techniques to decant them into administration containers may be hung safely at the bedside for 8 to 12 hours.
Ready-To-Hang (RTH) Prefilled Enteral Feeding Containers can hang safely up to 48 hours when a new RTH container is connected to a new safety screw connector feeding set using clean technique. Using only one feeding set per RTH container helps control the introduction of microbes from touch contamination. If more than one feeding set is used or if more than one RTH container is used with a single feeding set, the maximum safe hangtime is 24 hours. Follow directions for use provided by manufacturer of feeding set.
In all cases, label instructions should be followed to ensure sanitary handling techniques.
Q: What is the hang time for your Pediatric Nutritional Products?
A : In each health care facility, it is important to involve the appropriate professionals in developing procedures for using safe techniques in the preparation and use of tube feedings and in setting quality assurance protocols for monitoring those techniques.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly American Dietetic Association) suggests a hangtime of 4 to 8 hours is acceptable for commercially sterile ready-to-feed products when carefully poured from the container into a tubefeeding setup. This includes Ready To Feed infant formulas, Pedialyte®, and PediaSure® products.
Any feedings that are reconstituted with water or modified in any way should be prepared using aseptic technique and should hang for no more than 4 hours. This includes concentrated liquid and powder formulas, fortified human milk, and any feedings to which other ingredients are added.
Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group, Robbins ST, Meyers RE, eds. Infant Feedings: Guidelines for Preparation of Human Milk and Formula in Health Care Facilities, 2nd ed. Chicago: American Dietetic Association; 2011.
Campbell SM: Preventing Microbial Contamination of Enteral Formulas and Delivery Systems. Columbus, Ohio: Ross Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, 2003.
Bankhead R, Boullata J, Brantley S, et al. A.S.P.E.N. Enteral Nutrition Practice Recommendations. JPEN. 2009;33:122-167.
Q: How should your infant formulas be stored?
A: Store unopened Abbott Nutrition pediatric products (including infant formulas) between 32° F and 95° F; the most desirable range of unopened containers is 55°–75° F. Storage at these temperatures will assure the highest quality product, both aesthetically and nutritionally
- Prolonged exposure to temperatures below 32° F or above 95° F could affect the physical consistency of the product and is not recommended
- Abbott Nutrition pediatric formula products should not be warmed and then refrigerated
- Do not freeze Abbott Nutrition pediatric formulas; freezing can render liquid products unusable
- Store Abbott Nutrition pediatric powder products in a dry, cool area. Do not store the actual container of powder in the refrigerator
- Use powdered formula within 1 month after opening
- Pour prepared formula into individual feeding bottles or cups, cap, and store in the refrigerator. Refer to product label for appropriate storage times
- Do not leave prepared formula unrefrigerated
- Once nipple feeding begins, use formula within 1 hour or discard
- Do not reuse prefilled feeding bottles
- Keep unopened packets of Similac® Human Milk Fortifier Concentrated Liquids at room temperature in the protective carton; avoid extreme temperatures
Q: Which of your products are certified as kosher?
A: A complete list of products and letter of certification can be found in this PDF: Kosher Certification (PDF 246 KB) .